Saturday, November 08, 2003

Existential Moment

I'm having an existential moment. I was fine. Everything was going well. I'd clocked 45 minutes of solid work. I was then supposed to do my laundry, drag my old mattress into the dumpster, mop my floor, then go back to work. But then I learned that someone in my building had died. I didn't know him that well, but I liked the poor old guy, and I don't like too many people. I spent some time with his wife and friends because it was the appropriate thing to do. She gave me a whole shitload of food. Cookies. All kinds of shit. I have no willpower, so of course I had to eat a good ten pounds of cookies. If there were another ten pounds of these cookies, I'd gladly eat them as well. And while I was eating this I turned the tube on and started watching this shit movie on the Sci-fi network, which I'm still watching, not because it's any good but because I'm getting existential. I'll eventually store up enough willpower to get back to work (probably) but now I can just think about how lonely and horny I am. And how I am going to be so fucked and homeless if I don't find a way of getting some bread together. And when I'm homeless, the least of my problems are going to be the futility of getting laid.

No comments: