Thursday, November 06, 2003

Blogging is for Losers

Okay, Cod eaten. What a delicious animal Cod is.

While I'm waiting for my sweet potato to cook, I am going to take this opportunity to tell you what you probably don't want to hear.

Blogging is Bad. I would even go as far as to say that Blogging is for Losers. I hate to sound like an asshole, but let's face facts: There are about 8 billion bloggers in the world. It's an estimate. I'm including the generic (Blog-like websites) as well in this figure.

So if there's 8 billion bloggers, that means there are about a Gazillion blogs being put out each day. And the sad part about this is that, with exception to a few A-list bloggers, nobody is reading these Gazillion blogs. Nobody frankly gives a shit. Even more sad is that most blogs are completely boring and useless, and nobody really cares but the blogbrains writing them. For example, I have to literally force people at gunpoint to read this blog. I also believe that it is only the threat of death which makes people say the lovely things about it that they do.

I have actually seen some very good, talented bloggers out there, but they weren't A-Listers, and I can assure you that nobody is reading even the talented bloggers, unless of course they are A-Listers.

You might argue that by my logic, not only am I a loser but Georgy is also a loser. Well, I'm a loser, but not because I blog. I am a groupie -- a Georgy groupie. There is a greater purpose to my blogging. And Georgy -- well, she has attained a celebrity status, and actually has a following, which legitimizes her blogging efforts.

No comments: