Saturday, March 27, 2004

Liespeopletell.com Lunacy

Below is a message I posted to Duke in the Liespeopletell.com forums today. It was once probably the greatest BBS on the net. Now it is one of the many causalities of Gulf War II.

Duke wrote:

"Sorry about not answering in a timely manner. I have been rather busy killing terrorists with a dull plastic knife. Killing heathens that do not believe in the perfection of our motherland, and the infinite wisdom of our leaders is a time consuming task.
I am sorry I could not help myself. Remember that I am the farthest from that kind of flag-waving-jesus-worshipping-homosexual-hating-suv-driving-so-called-patriotic-american. I am what the right does not like: A pagan Bisexual man that serves in the armed forces and is a extremely liberal Democrat to boot. Ok now that we got that out of the way, let us continue.

The reason why I have been so busy is because I met someone new. What I think is so funny is that he is also in uncle sams paycheck. Also, it is kind of hard to maintain 3 relationships and one separation going. I have a boyfriend in Georgia, a girlfriend in Rhode Island a soon-to-be ex espouse in Nevada, and a boyfriend in Germany. The amount of time and inventiness (is that a word?) that it takes to maintain these three separate people is running me ragged.

I am unsurprised that a place like LBP.com dissaeared. The madness that was ever-present must have consumed it, creating an implosion, a black hole.... I only hope that some of the close-mindeness from some of its members went with it.

I realize that this place is also moribund, and there is not much we can do for it, but continue to believe or failing that, ease its pain. This is Duke from Germany."


Dickie wrote:

I agree that you are not your typical flag-waving American. If you had not participated in the illegal invasion of a sovereign nation, I would not be needling you. If it becomes too much needling, let me know, and I will stop, although I doubt if I could ever resist calling you a smegma penised, uncircumcised gentile.

During the Imperial conquest Iraq, I divorced myself from Republicanism completely. There was an imaginary line that was drawn between me and them. I will not so much as talk to a Republican, unless he is giving me orders that I must follow in order to keep a roof over my head. The Right is an insidious cancer I believe, that must be extricated! I cannot extricate it alone, yet hope to get the bread together soon to do my Internet Radio program so that I could expose this vile carcinogen.

I like you, Duke. I really do. I am not just saying this to mitigate what I am about to say, yet it is very unclear to me whether you are my enemy or my friend. I do not know. You say that you are not a flag waiver, and yet you voluntarily assist the fascists to accomplish their mission of death, destruction, subjugation, and exploitation. So I am confused. Are you with me, or are you against me? You may not believe in the fascist's goals, yet directly or indirectly, you have helped them. The system cannot work without collusion.

I believe I understand your position, that I wasn't there, I have no idea why you were there, yet I know what a WMD is, and I know that they sure as shit don't have them in Iraq. I know enough to know that that invasion was illegal, immoral, and wrong, and no matter what your reasoning is, by definition you acted immorally by being involved in that imperial campaign.

I'm sorry if I have offended you. Because of the line I have drawn, I must consider you my enemy. Yet, on the other hand, you really don't seem like my enemy, and even if you are my enemy, I don't think it's worthwhile to alienate you, for while you might be my enemy today, you might not be tomorrow.

I hope that we can continue to keep an open dialog. I really don't want to fight with you. There have been some people on this board that I have deliberately set out to crush because of their political views, but I have no interest in crushing you. As I said, if I am giving you too much of a pain in the ass, I will stop.

I had to look up that word you used, moribund in the dictionary. You know, it was your persistence and loyalty to this institution, even when its founder aborted it, that convinced me to come back. I will continue to post here, so long as you are here.

LBP was an evil place. I believe that Runa is really a demoness. Perhaps the daughter of the Dark Prince himself, yet I am confident that we can rise above the evil. Also, I am confident that you will not spare me the details of what seems to be a very exciting sex life, though I really would find it far more exciting if you had sex with women.

No comments: