Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Fucking Comcast. Fucking Department of Telecommunications & Energy

I was falling asleep. Really falling asleep. So I had two Little Debbie cakes and now nursing my third coffee. I'm really not supposed to be drinking coffee, because it aggravates my reflux laryngitis. But fuck it.

I am been so incredibly angry these past few days. Even more incredibly angry than I normally am, which is pretty angry. See, about 2 months ago I signed up for Comcast telephone service and they told me I'd be able to retain my custom ring number (sort of like an alternant number) I had with Verizon. This is in fact on the fucking WORK ORDER. So when they came over to set it my phone service, the guy said he could give me the custom ring number that day, to call the office the next day. I did that, and they said they'd take care of it. I called about a week later to report to them that it still wasn't working. They said they'd take care of it. Of course they didn't, and I neglected to follow up. Recently, by accident, I sent out an important letter with the custom ring number (the one which the mofo Comcast bastards never installed). It cost me a lot of embarrassment and some money to rectify the problem. I called Comcast, and was told that the custom ring number wasn't ported to Comcast from Verizon, and that I (not them) would have to take up this issue with Verizon. When I spoke to Samantha the supervisor, I wasn't given an apology. Instead I was given the following false statements:

1.) That I never called Comcast to tell them there was a problem with the custom ring number.
2.) The problem occurred because I did not opt for the custom ring until 2 days later. (This is total shit, as I made it very clear to the salesman at the point of sale that it was imperative that my old custom ring number transferred over.)

I was actually quote impressed how Sam could stay composed and tell me this pure shit as I grilled her about her legal responsibility to give me the services that I had been paying for since day 1. She even told me to have a nice afternoon before she hung up, and I believe she even meant it. It was said the tone, We-don't-give-a-flying-fuck-about-you-but-don't-take-it-personally expressions. Sammy is one cool, collected composed, woman. A truly exceptional and rare asshole. It is assholes like her that make the world go 'round. I fully endorse hiring this woman for any company that wants to treat their customers like pure shit.

After my talk with Sam, I spoke to the good ol' Depeartment of Telecommunication & Energy in Massachusets. These are the people who oversee the utilities so that they do not exploit their monopoly status. I spoke to someone not nearly composed as Sam, named Beverely. Beverely was in fact a fucking moron. Bev called me back a few hours later and read me a statement, which basically paraphrased the shit that Sam had told me. (It was probably read by Sam.) When I asked Bev for a copy of what she had read me, she said she couldn't send it to me, that it came to her in an e-mail. I asked Bev to e-mail it to me then. But no, she couldn't do that. Also, if I had any other questions or issues, I needed to take them up with Comcast, not the Department of Telecommunications and Energy.

It is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE to me whether those fuckers at Telecommunications & Energy have the legal right to withhold information pertinent to my complaint.

So there you go. We have tax dollars going to a government agency who is supposed to advocate for the consumer, but instead acts as a rubber stamp for exploits of monopoly utilities for which the Republicans bend over backwards to deregulate.

The more I think about how corrupt the system is, the angrier I get. I want to do something about it. I want to expose these fuckers. We live with such horseshit hypocrisy. I am trying to get together an Internet radio station together now. I don't have the time right now, and I need some more bread, but I'm hoping that I can do so something eventually, in my own way.

No comments: