Sunday, January 04, 2004

Dear Blogbrains,

This is a letter I wrote to my Public Housing Office. They did not respond. I asked them if they got the letter. They answered affirmatively. That they were working on it. (My ass.) I did not press the matter. Did not want to make waves. I have changed the names in the letter out of fear of reprisal. I just wanted to show you how the fat cats running the Welfare State, couldn't care if the house burnt down.



Georgy Groupie
Georgetown, GA
4 January 2004

My Public Housing Authority
The Executive Director
Anonymous Public Housing Authority, USA.


Dear Mr. Public Housing Athority Executive Director,

I am a resident of Anonymous Housing. Two weeks ago, I called the Housing Authority office to report a problem with my stove. As I was using the stove, I was alarmed to see and hear two loud sparks, complete with flashes of light, which I suppose were short circuits in the wiring of the stove controls. After the event, one of the burner indicator lights would not shut off, even when the burner was completely turned off, and not producing any heat. I unplugged the stove’s power cord and called Anonymous Housing to see if they might be able to look at the problem.

Jimbo came shortly afterwards. As always, Jimbo was courteous and professional. He plugged in the stove, assured me that it still worked, and indicated that if I had any more problems with it, I should contact Anonymous Housing. The stove continues to function, and there have been no more short circuits. Nevertheless, one of the burner indicator lights remains on twenty-four hours a day.

I am writing because I am concerned about this problem for a number of reasons. First, I worry that it may be an indication that the wiring in the stove has deteriorated to the point that it represents a fire or shock hazard. I also worry that someone, including my elderly mother, who needs to be supervised when she comes over to visit me, might end up getting burned because of the confusion over which burner is on.

For the safety of my mother, as well as the elimination of a possible fire hazard, I would be grateful if you would please fix the oven so that the indicator light accurately indicates whether the burner is on or off.

Sincerely,




Georgy Groupie

No comments: